Sexual Offenders and Sexual Predators
In an effort to improve our community outreach, the Broward Sheriffâ€™s Office is working on an improved online interactive mapping program that will display both crime incidents as well as the location of registered sex offenders and predators in Broward County. The new site will be available November 2015. Stay tuned!
In the meantime, you can use the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's program to search for sexual predators and offenders at:
- Florida state law governs offender registration and other rules for offenders. Click here for more information.
- The definitions of sexual offenders and predators.
- Information about child safety, Internet safety and sexual assault
- Ordinances in some of Broward County's municipalities may further restrict where offenders and predators may reside. This information is available by contacting the municipalities.
- Facts about about sexual predators and offenders.
- Frequently Asked Questions (provided by The Florida Department of Law Enforcement)
- Broward Sheriff's Office Career Criminal Unit: (954) 831-8107
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-96-ABUSE - or - 1-800-962-2873
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE): 1-888-357-7332
- A Child Is Missing, Inc. (ACIM)
- KlaasKids Foundation
- The Jimmy Ryce Center for Victims of Predatory Abduction
- National Safe Kids Campaign
This database contains public record information on offenders classified as sexual predators and sexual offenders under Florida law because of a conviction for a sex-related crime and/or a specified crime against children. This information is made available to interested citizens to help them educate themselves about the possible presence of such offenders in their local communities. The placement of information about an offender in this database is not intended to indicate that any judgment has been made about the level of risk a particular offender may present to others. This information is made available to assist interested persons in forming their own risk assessments based on the offender's personal circumstances and conviction history.
The information you are about to view in this database has been obtained from sexual offender and sexual predator data reported directly to FDLE by the Florida Department of Corrections, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, and law enforcement officials. FDLE merely compiles and provides this information for public access, and neither FDLE nor BSO independently confirm the accuracy of the information. It is FDLE's and BSO's desire that the information contained herein be accurate and reliable. Any person who believes information provided is not accurate should contact FDLE by phone at 1 (888) 357-7332 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
For further information on sexual offenders and sexual predators, including limitations on the use of sexual predator and sexual offender data, please visit the FDLE website at www3.fdle.state.fl.us.
This web site should be used for information purposes only. Use of the information to threaten, intimidate or harass any person listed on this site will not be tolerated in any manner.
Positive identification of a person believed to be a sexual predator or sex offender cannot be established unless a fingerprint comparison is made.
It is illegal to use public information regarding a Sexual Predator or Sex Offender to facilitate the commission of a crime.
This web site references persons convicted of sexual offenses, and may not reflect the entire Florida criminal history of a particular individual. A complete public record Florida criminal history can be secured from FDLE at the cost of $15 per subject requested.
BSO has obtained the information contained on this web site from the FDLE database. FDLE tries to assure that the information presented in its database is accurate and current. Although FDLE updates its database on a regular basis, the information can change quickly.
You are cautioned that it is possible that information provided on this web site may not reflect the current residence, status or other information regarding an individual.
Translate This Page: