BSO Hurricane Guide
Hurricane season in Florida runs June 1 through November 30, with the peak activity period beginning in mid-August and continuing through mid-October. It's not unusual to see storms developing early and late in the season, as evidenced by Hurricane Wilma in 2005.
This guide will help you establish hurricane procedures for your family and business and help you weather the storms.
- Be aware of approaching storms
- Hurricane supplies
- Installing hurricane shutters
- As the storm approaches
- Should you evacuate?
- Pet and livestock owners - special preparations
- Staying safe during the hurricane
- After the storm has safely passed
- Generator safety
- Price gouging
- Snapshot Damage Assessment Program
- More information
- List of Broward County hurricane shelters
Other helpful information from Broward County:
- To track the storm
- Evacuation and Shelter Information
- A - Z Hurricane Guide
- Be Prepared with BSO's Hurricane Safety Brochure
- Broward County
- Florida Power and Light
For a complete list of Broward County services, please click here to view The Official Broward County Hurricane Preparedness Guide.
Translate This Page: