JUVENILES CHARGED WITH TRASHING THEATRE
- BSO Case Number: DR01-08-2200
- PIO Number: 01-8-21
- Date: June 20 – Aug. 11, 2001
- Time: varied
- Place of Occurrence: GCC theatre, 3990 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach
- GCC theatre, 3990 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach
- 1. Joshua Burgess, 13, 515 Wildwood Lane, Deerfield Beach
- 2. Catherine Lemire, 12, 614 Hollows Cir., Deerfield Beach
- 3. Patrick Lemire, 13, 614 Hollows Cir., Deerfield Beach
- 4. Rafael Alvin, 12, 778 NW 45 Ave., Deerfield Beach
- 5. Matt Zinn, 17, 292 NW 48 Ave., Deerfield Beach
- 6. Jonathan Raspperry, 12, 292 NW 48 Ave., Deerfield Beach
Description of Incident:
Six Deerfield Beach youngsters, ages 12 to 17, were rounded up Thursday night on charges of causing $200,000 damage to a movie theatre which they burglarized.
On Monday (813/01) BSO District 10 deputies were called to the GCC cinema at 3990 West Hillsboro Boulevard. The theatre, which closed 10 months ago but had been maintained intact, had been broken into and severely vandalized. The screens were slashed, projectors were smashed, coca cola syrup was poured on the floor, eight fire extinguishers were discharged, and graffiti was spray-painted on the walls. The graffiti included the names “Josh B, Patrick, Matt, and Catherine.” Deputies checked their field interview cards and found one Joshua Burgess, 13, whom they questioned on Thursday. The boy admitted that he and five friends broke into the theatre on several occasions, starting on June 20th, and committed the acts of vandalism. He named his cohorts and they were all taken into custody and were transported to the Juvenile Intervention Facility.
The six suspects include a 12-year-old girl, two 12-year old boys, two 13-year-old boys and a 17-year-old boy. All are charged with Burglary of a Structure with over $100,000 damage and Criminal Mischief over $1,000.
- THIS REPORT BY: Sgt. M Weiner, Lt. T. Varona, Det. D. Argenti, Dist. 10 Jim Leljedal / PIO 8/17/01 1200
Posted At: 08/17/2001 12:18 PM
Translate This Page: