WOMAN INDICTED IN POMPANO BEACH HOMICIDE ARRESTED
- BSO Case Number: PB12-11-00167
- PIO Number: 13-1-2 (12-12-4A, 12-11-03)
- Date: Nov. 1, 2012
- Time: 3:06 PM
- Place of Occurrence: 625 Oaks Drive, Apt. 207, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Jeffrey Blaugrund, 70, male, 1/28/42, 625 Oaks Drive, Apt. 207, Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
- Jonathan Forster, 27, male, 1/3/85, at large (IN CUSTODY)
- Danielle Nicole Sachs, 33, female, 7/19/79, 6420 NW 78 Pl., Parkland (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives have arrested the woman wanted in connection with the homicide of Jeffrey Blaugrund inside his Pompano Beach apartment.
On Thursday, Dec. 20, a grand jury issued an indictment for Danielle Sachs, 33, for her role in the Oct. 15 death. Through her attorney, Sachs had arranged to turn herself in to deputies on Dec. 21, but she never showed. Today, detectives caught up to her in the 1700 block of East Sunrise Boulevard in Ft. Lauderdale and took her into custody without incident.
In the early morning hours of Oct. 15, Blaugrund picked up Jonathan Forster, 27, and Sachs from a Wendy’s restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale and offered them a place to stay for the night. No one heard from or saw the victim until deputies responded to his residence Nov. 1.
That afternoon, deputies were called to Blaugrund’s home after neighbors complained of a strong odor emanating from his apartment. After knocking on the door with no response, they solicited the management office to open the door. Deputies found the apartment ransacked and discovered Blaugrund’s body inside. Investigators believe the victim was killed during the commission of a robbery.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office determined Blaugrund died of asphyxia and ruled the case a homicide.
Both, Forster and Sachs, face one count of first degree murder.
****MEDIA NOTE: A previous inmate photo of Sachs is attached to this news release on our website www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Curcio and Forsberg, Homicide CID; Pompano Beach; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 1/2/12 1800
Translate This Page: