HUSBAND SHOOTS WIFE, THEN KILLS HIMSELF
- BSO Case Number: TM12-06-1314
- PIO Number: 12-6-16
- Date: June 13, 2012
- Time: 5:45 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 7829 Exeter Blvd. East, Tamarac
- Jurisdiction: Tamarac
- Inez Goldstein, 82, female, 8/16/29, 7829 Exeter Blvd. East, Tamarac (DECEASED)
- Kenneth Goldstein, 86, male, 11/30/25, 7829 Exeter Blvd. East, Tamarac (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A Tamarac man shot his ailing wife Wednesday morning and then turned the gun on himself.
The couple’s caretaker heard the shots at around 5:45 a.m. Wednesday and ran out of the house to get help. Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the scene and requested the assistance of the Special Weapons and Tactics team since there was an armed person inside.
Once the scene was secure, the SWAT team made entry into the home and found Inez Goldstein, 82, and Kenneth Golstein, 86, deceased in their bedroom.
The bodies were transported to the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy.
The investigation continues, though the incident is believed to be a murder-suicide.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Forsberg, Homicide CID; Tamarac; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO; 6/13/12 1640
Posted At: 06/13/2012 12:00 AM
Translate This Page: