FATAL SHOOTING NEAR WEST HOLLYWOOD (Updated)
- BSO Case Number: BS01-10-9974
- PIO Number: 01-10-25
- Date: Oct. 21, 2001
- Time: 1818
- Place of Occurrence: 4430 SW 40 Street, unincorporated West Hollywood
- Robert Clark, 19, 7/28/82, male, 5310 SW 30 Avenue, Ft. Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- David Giboyeaux, 39, 4/17/62, male, 4430 SW 40 Street, uninc. West Hollywood
Description of Incident:
The Broward Sheriff's Office Homicide Unit is investigating an apparent murder-suicide that occurred Sunday evening near West Hollywood.
At 6:18 p.m. an anonymous caller dialed 911, reporting that an accidental shooting had occurred at 4430 SW 40th Street near West Hollywood. BSO deputies responded and checked the house. In an adjoining efficiency apartment they found the body of Robert Clark who had sustained a gunshot wound to the upper chest area. Paramedics checked the victim and determined that he was deceased.
David Giboyeaux, believed responsible for the killing, left the scene immediately after the fatal shot was fired and called 911. Detectives said Giboyeaux went to his girlfriend’s house in Hollywood armed with two guns. Fearing for her life, his girlfriend and her friends, visiting at the time, ran out a back door down the street. Giboyeaux followed and fired several shots at the women as they hid behind a marked police car. No injuries were reported, and the suspect drove away. Hollywood PD is investigating the shooting.
At approximately 7:20 p.m., Giboyeaux was found behind the wheel of his vehicle, located in the 9900 block of West Oakland Park Boulevard in Sunrise. Giboyeaux was dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. BSO homicide detectives continue to investigate the motive in this case.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. F. Ilarraza, D. Nicholson, Sgt. R. O’neil, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright / PIO