MOTORCYCLIST DIES IN POMPANO BEACH CRASH
- BSO Case Number: PB12-04-05419
- PIO Number: 12-4-14
- Date: April 19, 2012
- Time: 1:46 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2000 block NE 5 Ave., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Elkana Aflalo, 61, male, 01/15/50. Hallandale Beach (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A Hallandale Beach man was killed after losing control of his motorcycle in Pompano Beach Thursday afternoon.
61-year-old Elkana Aflalo was riding his 2007 Harley-Davidson Road King motorcycle southbound on Northeast 5 Avenue near the Pompano Beach Air Park when, for reasons unknown, he lost control of his bike and crashed. BSO traffic homicide investigators have determined that the victim was riding behind another motorcyclist, his brother, when his motorcycle left the roadway, then re-entered the roadway and the motorcycle fell on its side and again left the roadway and skidded onto the shoulder. Aflalo was ejected from the bike and struck a light pole.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue rushed the victim to North Broward Medical Center where he died an hour later. Aflalo was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash. BSO Traffic Homicide Unit detectives are handling the investigation.
Aflalo was a retired sergeant, who worked in BSO’s Department of Detention.
- INVESTIGATORS: D-11, THI, PBFR, Lt. Akers, Dets. De Jesús, Wiley
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 04/20/12 0830
Posted At: 04/20/2012 09:30 AM
Translate This Page: