BICYCLIST DIES AFTER TAMARAC COLLISION
- BSO Case Number: 07-1307-001001
- PIO Number: 13-7-13
- Date: July 9, 2013
- Time: 7:38 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 6300 block of North University Drive, Tamarac
- Jurisdiction: Tamarac
- Name withheld, adult male in his 60s, North Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- Lacey Daniels, 41, male, North Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
A collision between a vehicle and a bicyclist left one dead Tuesday night in Tamarac.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating the details that led to the fatal collision around 7:30 p.m. July 9. The preliminary information indicates Lacey Daniels, 41, was heading northbound on North University Drive in his Ford Ranger when he collided with the bicyclist, who was stopped at Landing Street. The bike rider was waiting to cross University Drive in a westbound direction.
Tamarac Fire Rescue transported the bicyclist to Broward Health Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
The bicyclist’s name is being withheld pending notification of the next of kin.
The investigation continues.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. De Jesus & Wiley, THI; Dist. 7; Tamarac Fire Rescue
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 7/10/13 1700
Translate This Page: