- BSO Case Number: PB01-11-01313
- PIO Number: 01-11-7
- Date: November 3, 2001
- Time: 1854
- Place of Occurrence: 3000 block of West Atlantic Boulevard, Pompano Beach
- Dali Rodriguez, 31, 5/28/70, male, 11832 NW 11 Court, Coral Springs (DECEASED)
- Nicholas Flippen, male, 3700 NW 23 Court, Coconut Creek (Driver)
- Nicholas Brown, male, 1580 West River Drive, Margate
Description of Incident:
A pedestrian was struck by a motorcycle and killed as he stood in the westbound lanes of a Broward roadway Saturday night.
The accident occurred just before 7 p.m. in the 3000 block of West Atlantic Boulevard in Pompano Beach. Dali Rodriguez was standing in a westbound lane of Atlantic Boulevard when the driver of the motorcycle tried to avoid him. Rodriguez died at the scene.
The driver, Nicholas Flippen, and his passenger, Nicholas Brown, were transported to North Broward Medical Center. Flippen is in critical condition. Brown’s injuries are not life threatening.
BSO’s Dist. 11 (Pompano Beach) Traffic Homicide detectives will continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding this accident. Anyone who may have witnessed the fatal impact is asked to call the Broward Sheriff’s Office at (954) 786-4200 or call Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dist. 11 Det. M. Powell, THI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Posted At: 11/03/2001 10:31 PM
Translate This Page: