WALGREEN'S ROBBERY SOLVED
- Updated: 7/24/01 5:06:37 PM
- BSO Case Number: LL01-06-3100
- PIO Number: 01-7-45
- Date: 6/30/01
- Time: 8:54pm
- Place of Occurrence: Walgreen’s Drug Store, 4455 N State Road 7, Lauderdale Lakes
- Walgreen’s Drug Store, 4455 N State Road 7, Lauderdale Lakes
- Jessie Lee Hill, 2/1/53, 941 NW 9th Ave., #4, Ft. Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office Robbery detectives have tracked down the man who robbed a Lauderdale Lakes Walgreen’s store, and they found him in the Broward County Jail.
Ft. Lauderdale Police arrested Jessie Lee Hill on July 11th after being picked up on a warrant for drug possession. Under questioning, he admitted to robbing the Eckerd Drug store located at 1711 South Andrews Avenue. Once BSO detectives learned of the arrest they showed victims from the Lauderdale Lakes robbery his photo and he was positively identified as the robber.
According to witnesses, just before 9:00 pm on June 30th, Hill walked into the store located at 4455 N. State Road 7 and approached an employee who was straightening some merchandise. She asked him if he needed any help and he said, “ I don’t want to hurt anybody, I don’t want to kill anybody in this place tonight.” While he was speaking he pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the employee. He asked to be led to the store’s office and she complied while pleading with him not to hurt anyone. Once inside, he demanded cash from the store safe. After loading his bag with loot he fled the store. Employees immediately called 9-1-1 to report the robbery.
Media Note: The robber was caught on surveillance video entering the store. Still photos of the suspect are available on the BSO website at www.sheriff.org. The video is not available.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. R. Libman - BSO Robbery Unit (PIO: Kirk Englehardt)
- Photo of suspect - Photo of suspect