PEMBROKE PARK TRAFFIC FATALITY
- Updated: 8/6/01 9:14:27 PM
- BSO Case Number: PK01-08-0175
- PIO Number: 01-8-9
- Date: Aug. 6, 2001
- Time: 3:50 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2400 SW 30 Ave., Pembroke Park
- Paul Foster, 41, male, Fort Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- Brittany Foster, 12, female, Fort Lauderdale
- Gordon Foster, 9, male, Fort Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
A 41-year-old father was killed and his two children were injured today in a Pembroke Park car crash.
BSO Traffic Homicide detectives are investigating but have not determined why the deadly crash occurred. The victim, Paul Foster, was driving his 1979 Dodge Aspen south bound on SW 30th Avenue. Foster was traveling through the industrial district, adjacent to I-95, when he apparently lost control of his car and crossed the entire roadway, plowing into a large truck parked beside the avenue, on the east side.
Foster was apparently killed instantly. His 12-year-old daughter, Brittany, climbed out of the back seat and ran for help. The man’s nine-year-old son, Gordon, traveling as a right front seat passenger, was removed from the wreckage by responding rescue units. Both children were transported to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood for treatment.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. B. Babcock, Det. L. Akers, Dep. S. Wagers, Jim Leljedal / PIO
Translate This Page: