DECEASED MALE FOUND IN WEST PARK ALLEY IDENTIFIED
- BSO Case Number: 01-1302-000696
- PIO Number: 13-2-8A
- Date: Feb. 20, 2013
- Time: 7 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 3800 block of West Hallandale Beach Boulevard, West Park
- Jurisdiction: West Park
- Francisco Santiago, 16, male, 12/30/96, 2187 NW 35 Street, Miami (DECEASED)
- Unidentified male(s)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives have identified the body of the teen found dead Wednesday morning in a West Park alley.
Francisco Santiago’s body was discovered around 7 a.m. by a man who was walking his dog along the 3800 block of Hallandale Beach Boulevard. Initially, the man thought the body was a mannequin. As he got closer, he made the gruesome discovery.
Santiago’s body was transported to the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy. Though detectives are not releasing the cause of death, the manner was ruled a homicide.
The investigation continues.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Homicide Detective Scott Champagne at 954-321-4210 or Broward County Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org. A reward of up to $1,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Champagne & Curcio, RID Homicide; West Park; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 2/21/13 1700
Translate This Page: