REMAINS FOUND IN BURNT VEHICLE: ID RELEASED AND SUSPECT IN CUSTODY
- BSO Case Number: 08-1402-00600
- PIO Number: 14-2-10A
- Date: Feb. 10, 2014
- Time: 9:23 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 19800 block of Southwest 26 Street, Weston
- Jurisdiction: Weston
- Crestony Colin, 18, male, 8/8/95, 3453 Hiawatha Ave., West Palm Beach (DECEASED)
- Hiram Gonzalez Morales, 43, male, 4/8/70, 4339 Royal Banyan Way, Apt. 17, Lake Worth (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives have arrested a Lake Worth man in relation to the homicide of a teen who was found dead on Feb. 10 inside a burning car in Weston.
A Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue truck was driving along U.S. 27 around 9:30 a.m. when firefighters spotted a four-door sedan fully engulfed in flames about half a mile east of U.S. 27 on Southwest 26 Street. They quickly extinguished the flames and discovered the remains inside the trunk.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office identified the remains as that of 18-year-old Crestony Colin and ruled the case a homicide. Colin died of a gunshot wound.
Colin’s friends last heard from him on Feb. 9 when he was going to conduct a narcotics deal with a Hispanic man. Through the investigation, detectives identified that man as 43-year-old Hiram Gonzalez Morales.
BSO detectives served a search warrant at Morales’ home in Lake Worth on Feb. 18, and he voluntarily agreed to speak with investigators at the BSO headquarters. During the interview Morales said he knew Colin, but denied being involved in his death.
Morales had severe burns on both of his legs. He was placed under arrest and booked at the BSO Main Jail facing one count of first-degree murder.
The investigation continues.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Curcio & Blankenship, CID Homicide; BSFR; Weston; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 2/19/14 1600
Posted At: 02/19/2014 04:10 PM
Translate This Page: