UNWARRANTED SEX ACT
- BSO Case Number: NL02-01-70
- PIO Number: 02-1-2
- Date: January 1, 2002
- Time: 1622
- Place of Occurrence: 7600 block of SW 10 Street, North Lauderdale
- 13-year-old female
- William Bonilla, 30, 12/31/71, male, 7625 SW 10 Street, North Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
A North Lauderdale man remains behind bars after committing a sex offense against a teenager late Tuesday afternoon.
The 13-year-old female victim was walking with her mother in the 7600 block SW 10 Street in North Lauderdale shortly after 4 p.m., when the two were verbally accosted by a group of Latin males. William Bonilla approached the teenage girl from behind and intentionally grabbed her buttocks and fondled her breasts.
Upset by the unsolicited act, the girl’s mother slapped Bonilla. A neighbor also came to the aid of the mother and daughter before the Broward Sheriff's Office was called.
Bonilla was charged with one count of lewd or lascivious molestation, a second-degree felony punishable up to 15 years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dep. R. Connors, Dist. 15
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
- Photo of Suspect - William Bonilla
Translate This Page: