EXCUSES! EXCUSES! ROBBER TELLS VICTIM WHY HE DID IT
- PIO Number: 14-4-23 BSO Case Numbers: 11-1404-003281 & 11-1404-003727
- Date: April 13 & 15, 2014
- Time: 5:24 a.m. & 4:19 a.m. Jurisdictions: Pompano Beach
- Place of Occurrence: Race Trac, 599 W. Atlantic Blvd., Pompano Beach 7-Eleven, 600 W. Sample Road, Pompano Beach
- Race Trac, 599 W. Atlantic Blvd., Pompano Beach
- 7-Eleven, 600 W. Sample Road, Pompano Beach
- unknown (surveillance video available)
Description of Incident:
A man wearing sunglasses with the brim of his cap pulled low lifted up the edge of his baggy shirt to show the young clerk at the Race Trac gas station that he had a handgun in his waistband. Then he pointed to the register and said, “I don’t want any trouble. I’m doing this to feed my family.”
The clerk handed over the money, and the robber left. That was April 13. Two days later, Broward Sheriff’s Office robbery detectives believe the same criminal robbed another Pompano Beach convenience store, this time with no explanation. In the second incident, the robber pulled out a small handgun and demanded cash. The clerk gave it to him, and he left the store.
The man appears to be tall and thin, wearing baggy pants, long-sleeved shirts and a dark ball cap during each crime. Anyone with information about this criminal can contact BSO detectives Mark Copley or Roger Peterson at 954-321-4270 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
Media note: The attached surveillance video is from the Race Trac incident on April 13. The surveillance still shots are from the 7-Eleven.
- INVESTIGATORS: Robbery Dets. Peterson, Copley, CID; Pompano Beach 4/24/14 1600
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO
Translate This Page: