DETECTIVES IDENTIFY BODY OF MAN FOUND IN CANAL
- BSO Case Number: 05-1404-001100
- PIO Number: 14-4-9a
- Date: April 8, 2014
- Time: 10:08 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: C-11 Canal, 6700 block of State Road 84, Plantation
- Jurisdiction: Unincorporated Broward
- Reynald Poisson, 51, male, 2/4/63, 3351 N.W. 9 Ct., Fort Lauderdale (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Tuesday morning, the body of a man was found floating in a Plantation canal. Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide detectives are investigating the death.
At 10 a.m. on April 8, residents of a Plantation neighborhood discovered a body floating in the C-11 canal which runs parallel to State Road 84. Plantation PD and BSO’s Marine, Homicide and Crime Scene Investigation units responded. BSO divers recovered the body of a man from the canal. The man was later identified as Reynald Poisson, 51, of Fort Lauderdale. BSO’s Homicide detectives are conducting an investigation to determine if the death was natural or suspicious. Cause of death will be determined by the Medical Examiner’s Office.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Detective Ricky Libman at 954-321-4210 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Homicide Det. Ricky Libman, CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 4/9/14 1500
Translate This Page: