MOTHER MURDERED IN OAKLAND PARK
- BSO Case Number: OP02-02-2273
- PIO Number: 02-2-36
- Date: Feb. 19, 2002
- Time: 1934
- Place of Occurrence: 2700 NW 44 Street (Bridgewater Place apts), Oakland Park
- Amy Hunter, 64, 3/28/37, 2700 NW 44 St., #213, Oakland Park (DECEASED)
- Alan Hunter, 42, 12/21/59, 2700 NW 44 St., #213, Oakland Park
Description of Incident:
A 42-year-old Oakland Park man is in custody, suspected of murdering his mother inside their Oakland Park apartment home Tuesday evening.
At 7:34 p.m. the Broward Sheriff's Office received several calls from residents of the Bridgewater Place apartment complex, reporting that a domestic disturbance was occurring inside unit 213. When deputies arrived a few minutes later they found the victim, Amy Hunter, lying in the hallway outside her apartment. She had apparently been stabbed.
Deputies called paramedics to the scene and they attempted to revive her but were unsuccessful. She was declared dead at the scene. The victim’s son, Alan Hunter, was taken into custody for questioning in connection with his mother’s murder.
An exact motive is unknown but detectives believe the stabbing stemmed from a domestic dispute that turned violent.
- THIS REPORT BY: Sgt. R. O’Neil, Homicide Unit Jim Leljedal / PIO Sgt. E. Cunnanan, Dist. 12 2/19/02 11:45 p.m.
Posted At: 02/19/2002 11:39 PM
Translate This Page: