TWIN TODDLERS DROWN IN COMMUNITY POOL
- BSO Case Number: 10-1404-001303
- PIO Number: 14-4-14
- Date: 4/8/14
- Time: 6:25 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 603 Siesta Key Cir., Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Harmani and Harmony West, 2, girls, 10/5/11, 696 Siesta Key Cir., Apt. 1923, Deerfield Beach (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating how twin toddlers drowned Tuesday afternoon in the pool of a Deerfield Beach apartment complex. An out-of-town couple going for a dip in the jacuzzi found the girls floating in the water and immediately called for help.
The emergency call was received around 6:30 p.m. April 8. Emergency units rushed to the community pool at the Tivoli Park apartments at 603 Siesta Key Circle in Deerfield Beach. The North Carolina couple, who found the girls, pulled them out of the water and began administering CPR. BSO deputies relieved witnesses of the resuscitation efforts until Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue paramedics arrived and transported the girls (one by air, one by ground) to Broward Health Medical Center. Harmani and Harmony West, 2, were pronounced dead at the hospital.
BSO homicide detectives are investigating the incident.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Tutler, CID Homicide; BSFR; Dist. 10; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 4/9/14 0115
Translate This Page: