BSO DETECTIVES INVESTIGATE UNRELATED TRAFFIC FATALITIES
- BSO Case Number: LL12-12-00972 and NL12-12-000969
- PIO Number: 12-12-12
- Date: December 15, 2012
- Time: 4:10 a.m. and 6:20 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 3370 N.W. 39 St., Lauderdale Lakes and McNab Road off ramp to Southwest 17 Street, North Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: Lauderdale Lakes and North Lauderdale
- 1. Andre Walter Caesar, 41, 7/24/71, male, 2301 N.W. 6 Court, Fort Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- 2. Tiago E. Rodriguez, 28, 1/9/84, male, 233 N.W. 79 Ave., Margate (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating two unrelated, single-vehicle traffic fatalities that occurred early Saturday morning.
The first crash happened shortly after 4 a.m. in Lauderdale Lakes. Andre Caesar, 41, of Fort Lauderdale, was riding a 2012 Velocity motor scooter eastbound on Northwest 39 Street when he crashed into the driver’s side of a tow truck that was backed into the driveway at 3370 N.W. 39 St. BSO detectives said the tow truck driver had his headlights and taillights activated and was unloading a vehicle at the residence at the time of the crash.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported Caesar, who was not wearing a helmet, to Broward Health Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at approximately 5 a.m.
The second single-vehicle crash occurred shortly after 6 a.m. in North Lauderdale. Tiago Rodriguez, 28, of Margate, was traveling eastbound on McNab Road in a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup when was attempting to exit the off ramp to Southwest 17 Street. Detectives said for some unknown reason Rodriguez lost control of the truck and crashed into a concrete utility pole.
North Lauderdale Fire Rescue transported Rodriguez to Broward Health Medical Center where he died at approximately 7:15 a.m.
INVESTIGATORS: THI Det. R. Miller and Det. M. Kelliher, Patrol Services and THI Lt. L. Akers, Patrol Services
THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO Lauderdale Lakes and North Lauderdale December 15, 2012 1200