DEERFIELD BEACH HOMICIDE
- BSO Case Number: DR01-09-4422
- PIO Number: 01-9-27
- Date: September 22, 2001
- Time: 0227
- Place of Occurrence: 282 NW 1st Street, Deerfield Beach
- Anthony Calvin Brand, 34, 3/30/67, 790 SW 10th Avenue, Delray Beach (DECEASED)
- State of Florida
- Bertram Hankerson, 35, 7/26/66, 613 NW 2nd Way, Deerfield Beach
Description of Incident:
An argument between two men turned deadly overnight in a warehouse area of Deerfield Beach.
BSO Homicide detectives say Anthony Brand, 34, and Bertram Hankerson, 35, began arguing, prompting Hankerson to run to his truck and grab a hammer. He struck Brand several times with the clawside of the hammer, delivering the fatal blow to his chest. Brand was pronounced dead at the scene. The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled that Brand’s death was caused by sharp blunt force trauma to the chest.
Hankerson was taken into custody and is being charged with an open count of murder. He is being booked into the Broward County Jail.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. R. O’Neil, Det. D. Nicholson, Homicide, District 10/Deerfield Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Cheryl Stopnick / Media Relations 9/22/01 1430
Posted At: 09/22/2001 02:30 PM
Translate This Page: