BSO MAKES ARREST IN CLUB LABADEE SHOOTING
- BSO Case Number: LL12-09-00108
- PIO Number: 12-9-4A
- Date: Sept. 2, 2012
- Time: 1:33 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 4322 N. State Road 7, Lauderdale Lakes
- Jurisdiction: Lauderdale Lakes
- Guerbens Joseph, male, 19, 7/21/93, 3430 NW 35th St., Lauderdale Lakes (DECEASED)
- Andre Junior Pierre, male, 17, 8/31/95, 4431 N.W. 30th St., Lauderdale Lakes (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives arrested a 17-year-old boy for the shooting death of another teen early Sunday morning outside of a Lauderdale Lakes club.
Guerbens Joseph, 19, was attending a teen night at Labadee Night Club with friends. As the club was closing around 1:30 a.m., another group of teens approached Joseph in the crowded parking lot looking for a fight.
Detectives say Andre Pierre grabbed a gun from a car and shot Joseph, who was pronounced dead at the scene. It’s unclear what led to the dispute.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. Foster, Sgt. Ellwood, CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO Lauderdale Lakes 9/6/12 1715