MAN FATALLY STABS ADULT SON DURING ARGUMENT ABOUT PREVIOUS STABBING
Posted At: 04/18/2014 12:42 PM
- BSO Case Number: 15-1404-001280
- PIO Number: 14-4-27
- Date: April 17, 2014
- Time: 11:23 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 6543 Harbour Road, North Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: North Lauderdale
- Tyrone Troutman, male, 40, 6543 Harbour Road, North Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- Joseph Horace Troutman, male, 63, 5/20/50, 6543 Harbour Road, North Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
A father and his adult son were arguing late Thursday in their North Lauderdale home when the dispute turned to an old family issue, an incident years ago during which the father stabbed the son’s mother. The argument got heated, and the father, 63-year-old Joseph Horace Troutman, became enraged.
A witness told Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives that Troutman grabbed a butcher knife and charged at his son, knocked him down and stabbed him in the back.
The son, 40-year-old Tyrone Troutman, was able to get away and run to a neighbor’s house, where he banged on the door before collapsing. The neighbor, Diego Arias, opened the door and saw Tyrone Troutman on the ground covered in blood. Arias began CPR. North Lauderdale Fire Rescue transported Tyrone Troutman to Broward Health North, where he was pronounced dead. Meanwhile, Joseph Troutman called 911 and said he stabbed his son. He later told homicide detectives he acted in self defense, although he admitted his son was not armed.
Joseph Troutman was arrested at the scene on a charge of second-degree murder. He was transported to Broward Health Medical Center for a cut on his hand.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Forsberg, Perez; Champagne, CID; Crime Scene; North Lauderdale
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 4/18/14 1245
Translate This Page: