MOTORCYCLIST DIES IN WEEKEND COLLISION
- BSO Case Number: 12-1308-0002031
- PIO Number: 13-8-26
- Date: Aug. 19, 2013
- Time: 5:06 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 3900 block of North Powerline Road, Oakland Park
- Jurisdiction: Oakland Park
- Dennis Riggs, 38, male, 11/11/75, 654 NW 45 St., Oakland Park (DECEASED)
- Natalie Joya, 19, female, Oakland Park
Description of Incident:
An Oakland Park man lost his life Saturday afternoon after colliding with a van.
Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies were dispatched just after 5 p.m. to the 3900 block of North Powerline Road. The driver of a Harley Davidson motorcycle, Dennis Riggs, 38, was northbound on Powerline Road. Natalie Joya, 19, was heading westbound on Northwest 39 Street and was crossing over the northbound lanes of Powerline Road to position her van to make a U-turn when Riggs collided into the driver’s side rear of her van.
Oakland Park Fire Rescue transported Riggs to Broward Health Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Joya remained on scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
BSO traffic homicide detectives are investigating.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Morales & Miller, THI; Dist. 12; OPFR
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 8/19/13 1530