CAR, MOTORCYCLE COLLIDE KILLING TWO
DIXIE HIGHWAY SHUTDOWN FOR SIX HOURS AFTER CRASH
- BSO Case Number: PB13-02-008538
- PIO Number: 13-2-1
- Date: January 31, 2013
- Time: 10:17 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 1800 block South Dixie Highway, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Liza A. Renteria, 38, female, 08/06/74,1630 SW 6th Dr., Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
- Michael A Romero, 35, male, 08/03/77, 21906 Lake Forest Cir, Boca Raton (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Two people are dead following a late night crash Thursday on Dixie Highway in Pompano Beach.
Around 10:17 p.m., a Ford Focus, driven by 38-year-old Liza Renteria, of Pompano Beach, was heading north on Dixie Highway when it turned west, into the path of a southbound motorcycle. The 2001 Yamaha motorcycle was traveling at a high rate of speed when it struck the Ford, causing it to spin around and roll onto its roof. The motorcyclist, 35-year-old Michael Romero, of Boca Raton, and Renteria were both pronounced dead on the scene by Pompano Beach Fire Rescue.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Unit detectives responded and conducted an on scene investigation. Dixie Highway remained closed until 4 a.m. Friday, when the crash scene was cleared. The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office will determine the cause of death of the two victims. The traffic homicide investigation remains ongoing.
- INVESTIGATORS: THI, D-11, PBFR, Lt. Akers, Dets. Wiley, DeJesus
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 02/01/13 1700
Posted At: 02/01/2013 05:13 PM
Translate This Page: