MOTORCYCLIST KILLED SATURDAY NIGHT IN POMPANO BEACH
- BSO Case Number: PB13-06008047
- PIO Number: 13-6-25
- Date: 6/29/13
- Time: 10:20 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: East Copans Road and Northeast 5th Avenue, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach Beach
- Robert Wayne Turner, male, 38, 1/11/75, 7263 S.W. 1 St. Margate (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A Margate man died Saturday night when he lost control of his motorcycle and hit a concrete utility pole.
Broward Sheriff's Office traffic homicide detectives said that Robert Turner, 38, was eastbound on Copans Road operating a 2000 Suzuki Intruder motorcycle at a normal rate of speed. For unknown reasons, he lost control and hit a curb. After hitting the curb, he hit the pole, a street sign and a street light. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The traffic homicide investigation is ongoing.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. DeJesus, Miller; Lt. Akers, Traffic Homicide; Pompano Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO; 6/30/13 2000