WIFE DIES IN DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ENCOUNTER IN PARKLAND
- BSO Case Number: 17-1402-000039
- PIO Number: 14-2-2
- Date: 2/2/14
- Time: 11:13 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 12471 N.W. 78 Manor, Parkland
- Jurisdiction: Parkland
- Dacota Stewart-Dick, 53, F, 7/18/60, Parkland
- Alrick Oral Brown, 38, M, 10/3/75, Parkland
Description of Incident:
A domestic violence incident ends with the death of a Parkland woman in her own home. Broward Sheriff's Office Homicide detectives are investigating.
At 11:13 a.m. Sunday, February 2, deputies from BSO Parkland district and Coral Springs Fire Rescue responded to a medical call of a possible stabbing at the home of Dacota Stewart-Dick and Alrick Oral Brown at 12471 N.W. 78 Manor, Parkland. Deputies found the body of Stewart-Dick on the floor with apparent stab wounds. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene by Coral Spring Fire Rescue. CSFR transported Oral Brown to Broward Heath North to receive treatment for non-life-threatening injuries.
The incident began as a domestic disturbance. The family had lived in their Parkland home three years and had no history of law enforcement calls to their residence.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Homicide Detective Kelly Stull at 954-321-4210 or report anonymous tips to Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or to www.browardcrimestoppers.org online.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Homicide Sgt. Dave Ellwood, Det. Kelly Stull, Det. Frank Ilarraza, CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 2/2/14 1800
Posted At: 02/02/2014 06:00 PM
Translate This Page: