DRIVER EJECTED, PINNED IN FATAL CRASH
- BSO Case Number: PB12-11-02039
- PIO Number: 12-12-7
- Date: December 8, 2012
- Time: 7:55 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: West Sample and North Powerline roads, Pompano Beach
- Justin Matthew Crouse, 31, male, 12/31/80, Ft. Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- Dunold Jean, 35, male, 07/16/77, 2661 NE 2 Ave., Boca Raton
Description of Incident: One man was killed and several others were injured following a multiple vehicle crash Saturday morning.
Just before 8 a.m., Dunold Jean, 35, was driving a 1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo south on Powerline Road, approaching the intersection at West Sample Road. For reasons yet to be determined, Jean ran the red light and struck a westbound vehicle driven by Justin Matthew Crouse, 31, of Ft. Lauderdale. Crouse, who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected and pinned underneath his vehicle after it rolled over. Crouse’s vehicle, a 2003 Honda CRV, was then struck by another eastbound vehicle. Jean’s vehicle struck three other eastbound vehicles before coming to final rest. Several people from the vehicles involved were transported by Pompano Beach Fire Rescue and Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue to Broward Health North for treatment of injuries not described as serious.
The intersection was closed to traffic until noon Saturday while BSO Traffic Homicide Unit detectives conducted the on scene investigation and interviewed witnesses. Charges are pending completion of the crash investigation.
- INVESTIGATORS: D-11, THI, BSFR, PBFR, Lt. Akers
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 12/09/12 1850
Translate This Page: