MOTORCYCLIST KILLED IN EARLY MORNING CRASH
- BSO Case Number: BS12-10-001864
- PIO Number: 12-10-22
- Date: October 20, 2012
- Time: 1:41 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: U.S. 27 northbound at Sheridan Street, Western Broward
- Jurisdiction: Unincorporated West Broward
- Adalberto Lugo Jr., 2/5/90, 22, male, 21531 N.W. 3 Place, Pembroke Pines (DECEASED)
- Steven Dougherty,19, male, Fort Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
A Pembroke Pines man died early Saturday morning after the dirt bike he was riding collided with another vehicle in western Broward.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives said Adalberto Lugo Jr. was on a yellow Suzuki Dirt Bike headed west on Sheridan Street shortly before 1:40 a.m. when he approached the intersection of U.S. 27 and ran the red traffic light. Lugo traveled into the path of Steven Dougherty, who was traveling north on U.S. 27 in a purple 2006 Mazda 6.
Davie Fire Rescue paramedics pronounced Lugo dead at the scene. Dougherty remained at the scene and fully cooperated with detectives.
BSO investigators said the dirt bike was manufactured for off-road use only and had no working headlight at the time of the crash.
INVESTIGATORS: THI Dets. Miller and De Jesus
THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO West Broward October 20, 2012 1550