SECOND SUSPECT ARRESTED IN HIGHWAY HOMICIDE
- BSO Case Number: 12-1305-000538
- PIO Number: 13-6-18 (13-5-8b)
- Date: May 5, 2013
- Time: 6:41 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Southbound on-ramp of Interstate 95 at Commercial Boulevard
- Jurisdiction: Oakland Park
- Nicholas Romondo Walker, 33, male, 01/14/80, 2014 N.W. 43 Terr., Lauderhill (DECEASED)
- Scott Simon, male, 24, 4/30/88, 1221 N.W. 3 Ave., Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
- Ronel Desinor, male, 10/12/85, 940 NE 51 St., Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives arrested a second suspect involved in the shooting death of a man on I-95 on May 5.
Investigators obtained a warrant for Ronel Desinor, 27, for his involvement in the death, though his specific role is not being revealed. Desinor was taken into custody Monday, June 24, at a friend’s house in North Lauderdale without incident. Scott Simon, described as being the master mind behind the murder, was arrested the night of May 21. Both men are charged with first-degree murder.
When deputies arrived at the scene on May 5, shortly after 6:40 a.m., they found Nicholas Walker’s silver Buick crashed into a guard rail. Deputies and Oakland Park Fire Rescue extinguished a fire in the engine compartment, but Walker had already died of gunshot wounds. The investigation prompted a three-hour closure of all southbound lanes of I-95.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information about this murder should call Det. Bryan Tutler at (954) 321-4281 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. Ellwood, Dets. Tutler, Kogan
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción & Dani Moschella/PIO 6/25/13 1645