FIREFIGHTERS FIND ONE MAN DEAD IN TRAILER FIRE
DEATH DOES NOT APPEAR SUSPICIOUS
- BSO Case Number: DR12-07-01895
- PIO Number: 12-7-8
- Date: July 11, 2012
- Time: 7:32 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Freedom Marina, 790 N.W. 1st Terr., Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Francis Anthony DeCotis, male, 12/1/49, 62, 790 N.W. 1st Terr., Deerfield Beach (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
The circumstances surrounding the death of a 62-year-old man found dead in his burning trailer Wednesday evening do not appear suspicious, according to Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives.
Francis Anthony DeCotis, who lived in a trailer on the grounds of Freedom Marina, died during the fire, which started just after 7:30 p.m.
The cause of the fire and the exact cause of death remain under investigation by the State Fire Marshal’s Office, Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue and the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Dets. Foster, Kogan, Sgt. Ellwood CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO BSFR 7/12/12 1730