ELDERLY MAN PULLED FROM CANAL
- BSO Case Number: NL01-11-0093
- PIO Number: 01-11-6
- Date: November 2, 2001
- Time: 1055
- Place of Occurrence: 7814 SW 8 Court, North Lauderdale
- Daniel Winick, 85, 5/12/16, male, 7814 SW 8 Court, North Lauderdale (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives are investigating the death of an elderly man pulled from a canal by paramedics in North Lauderdale Friday morning.
Shortly before 11 a.m., North Lauderdale Fire Rescue workers, with assistance from BSO deputies, pulled 85-year-old Daniel Winick from the canal at the rear of his residence, located at 7814 SW 8 Court. Winick was treated on scene then transported to University Hospital where he died.
BSO homicide detectives do not suspect foul play. Winick lived with his daughter and son-in-law and their two children. Family members told detectives Winick was being treated for a heart condition and Alzheimer’s disease.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. T. Duggan
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Translate This Page: