MAN BEATEN AND LEFT FOR DEAD
- BSO Case Number: NL12-04-0079
- PIO Number: 12-4-2
- Date: April 2, 2012
- Time: 8:52 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Imperial Estates Mobile Homes, 4333 NW 54 Street, North Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: North Lauderdale
- Hugo Huertes, 51, male, 12/8/60, 3672 NW 52 Street, North Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- Nolberto Lemus, 37, male, 11/30/74, 4331 NW 54 Street, North Lauderdale (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
What started as a verbal argument between two men in North Lauderdale ended with one man beaten and left lying on the ground overnight until his body was discovered the next morning.
Broward Sheriff’s Office dispatch received a call shortly before 9 a.m. Monday, April 2, advising that a man’s body was lying on the ground in between two mobile homes at the Imperial Estates Mobile Homes neighborhood in North Lauderdale.
BSO Homicide detectives determined that the victim, Hugo Huertes, 51, and Nolberto Lemus, 37, who lives right next to where the body was discovered, had been drinking together Sunday night and ended up getting into an argument some time between 9-9:30 p.m. Moments after the discussion Lemus went into this home and armed himself with an aluminum bat and struck Huertes in the head at least two times, leaving him motionless on the ground. Detectives say Lemus went back inside his home, cleaned his bat and pretended nothing happened until investigators knocked on his door Monday morning to inquire if he knew anything about the dead body found adjacent to his home.
At first Lemus denied knowing Huertes or having any information about how he died, but later admitted to the crime.
Lemus has been booked in the BSO Main Jail and faces one count of murder in the second degree.
The exact reason for the argument is still unknown.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Berrena & Sgt. Ellwood, CID Homicide; North Lauderdale; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 4/3/2012 1510
Posted At: 04/03/2012 03:18 PM
Translate This Page: