MAN ARRESTED FOR HOMICIDE OF WOMAN FOUND IN DANIA BEACH
- BSO Case Number: 02-1312-2211
- PIO Number: 13-12-31A
- Date: 12/29/13
- Time: 5:57 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 3100 block of State Road 84, Dania Beach
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Lacy Michelle Woolridge, 49, female, 5/29/64, at large (DECEASED)
- Raul Armando Serrano, 28, male, 1/26/85, at large (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
Less than 24 hours after the body of a woman was found dead on the side of a road in Dania Beach, Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives have a suspect in custody.
Just before 6 a.m. Saturday, December 28, Broward Sheriff’s Office Communications received a call advising that a partially clothed woman was found dead in the 3100 block of State Road 84 in Dania Beach. The woman, who displayed facial injuries and appeared to have been deceased for a period of time, was transported to the medical examiner’s office to be identified through fingerprints. Lacy Michelle Woolridge, 49, died from a broken neck.
Woolridge had been recently released from jail for fraud. BSO detectives contacted her parole officer who was able to provide information that led detectives to 28-year-old Raul Armando Serrano. Serrano is a truck driver with Prime Incorporated, a trucking company based out of Springfield, Missouri, who claimed he had picked up four different women in Dade and Broward the 24 hours prior to his contact with investigators. Though he claimed not to know Woolridge, detectives found a bag with her clothes, her purse and her cell phone inside his semi-truck.
Serrano was transported to the BSO Main Jail booked on one count of first-degree murder.
Due to the suspect’s line of work, BSO detectives will share the details of this case with state and federal agencies.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Curcio & Forsberg, Sgt. Champagne, CID Homicide; Dist. 2; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 12/29/13 1230
Posted At: 12/29/2013 12:22 PM
Translate This Page: