CAMERAS CATCH BANK ROBBER CLEAR AS DAY
- BSO Case Number: DR02-01-230
- PIO Number: 02-1-1
- Date: January 2, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 110 S. Federal Highway, Deerfield Beach
- SunTrust Bank, 110 S. Federal Highway, Deerfield Beach
- Unknown black male, 28-38 years old, approximately 5-foot-11 to 6-feet tall,
- 180-220 pounds, short hair, wire-frame glasses.
Description of Incident:
Security cameras picked up some very clear images of a bank robber who didn’t wait long to ply his trade in the New Year.
The suspect walked into a Deerfield Beach SunTrust bank branch at about 9:30 am, Wednesday, January 02, 2002. He displayed a gun to a teller and told her to hand over all the money.
The teller gave the robber an undisclosed amount of cash and he fled from the bank at 110 S. Federal Highway.
The crook is described as a black male, 28-38 years old, approximately 5-foot-11 to 6-feet tall,
180-220 pounds, with short hair and wire-frame glasses.
A reward of up to $1,000.00 may available for information leading to the arrest of this bank robber. If you have any information about this crime, call Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
Media note: Very clear images of the suspect are attached to this report on our website at
www.Sheriff.org. Additionally, videotaped stills of the robber are available at the BSO Media Relations office Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. L. Crew
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf/PIO 01/2/02 2:00pm
- Wanted Bank Robber - Bank Robber Sought By BSO
Translate This Page: