HEALTHCARE WORKER HELPS HERSELF TO MONEY
- PIO Number: 02-02-16
- Date: February 8, 2002 Places of Occurrences: Various
- Marian & Sidney Pink, 3765 W. McNab Road, Pompano Beach
- Ashby C. condominium Assoc., Inc., 2004 Ashby, Deerfield Beach
- Beatrice Vallon, 20, 9/19/81, 1333 S. Dixie Highway, #208, Deerfield Beach
Description of Incident:
A young woman entrusted with caring for the ill and the elderly is in the Broward Sheriff's Office Jail, charged with stealing from her clients.
BSO detectives from Deerfield Beach initially found out about 20-year old Beatrice Vallon, after the home healthcare assistant reportedly stole more than $11,000.00 from at least two victims.
Vallon told investigators that In December 2001, she stole several business checks from the home of Irving Goldstein of 2004 Ashby, Deerfield Beach. One of those checks from the Ashby C. Condominium Association / Century Village was cashed for more than $7,300.00.
The admitted thief also told detectives from Pompano Beach that between late last year and February 2002, she stole $3,500.00 from an 86-year old amputee, Sidney Pink of 3765 W. McNab Road in Pompano Beach. Vallon said she got the money from Pink by stealing checks from his home. Additionally, she owned up to stealing checks from at least three other senior citizens during her 3-month employment through Victorian Home Sweet Home Health Care of Deerfield.
Vallon was arrested Friday, February 8, 2002 and is charged with two counts of grand theft and one count of exploitation of the elderly. Other arrests and more charges may be pending.
Anyone with information about Beatrice Vallon should call Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. J. Hansen & A Levine
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 2/7/02 3:00pm
- Beatrice Vallon - Vallon, Beatrice
Translate This Page: