BSO DETECTIVES INVESTIGATE MURDER-ATTEMPTED SUICIDE IN DANIA BEACH
- BSO Case Number: DN13-3-0793
- PIO Number: 13-03-10A
- Date: March 12, 2013
- Time: 12:16 p.m.
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Places of Occurrence: 230 N.E. 2nd Place, Dania Beach
- Victim: Barbara Littlejohn, female, 52, 9/27/60, 230 N.E. 2nd Place, Dania Beach (DECEASED)
- Suspect: David Littlejohn, male, 56, 7/27/56, 230 N.E. 2nd Place, Dania Beach (HOSPITALIZED)
Description of Incident:
A Dania Beach man killed his estranged wife Tuesday afternoon before shooting and injuring himself, according to Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives. Barbara and David Littlejohn were in the process of separating, and she had moved out of the house.
She returned on Tuesday, and David shot her with a rifle around 12:15 p.m. Her adult son was sleeping in a bedroom at the time.
Arriving deputies found Barbara Littlejohn dead inside the house. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported David Littlejohn as a trauma alert to Memorial Regional Hospital, where he remained in critical condition a day later.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. Tutler, Sgt. Feeley, CID; BSFR, Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella 03/13/13 1630