OAKLAND PARK HOMICIDE SUSPECTS IN CUSTODY
- PIO Number: 01-8-33 Case Number: OP01-07-27114 (UPDATED)
- Date: July 16, 2001
- Time: 0822
- Place of Occurrence: 1861 NW 27 Street, Oakland Park
- Charles “Chuck” Conley, 48, 6/4/53, 1861 NW 27 Street, Oakland Park (DECEASED)
- Anthony Bryan a.k.a Anthony Byrant, 1/6/78, male
- Tenisha L. Cannon, 10/15/82, female
- Tyrone Blash a.k.a Terrance Brown, 8/7/75, male
Description of Incident:
All three suspects, wanted for the murder of an Oakland Park man whose body was found by a co-worker last month, are in custody.
The last suspect, Tenisha Cannon, surrendered to police in New Haven, Connecticut on Tuesday on the advice of her lawyer. Cannon, Anthony Bryan, and Tyrone Blash face one count each of murder for the death of Charles Conley.
Conley’s body was discovered Monday, July 16th, when Eric Jenkins arrived at Conley’s home, located at 1861 NW 27 Street, shortly after 8 a.m. to check on him. Once inside, Jenkins found Conley deceased inside the house. Jenkins said Conley had not been to work over the weekend, at Florida Rock Industries, where he worked for more than 28 years.
After Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives notified other law enforcement agencies to be-on-the-look-out for the three suspects traveling in a stolen Toyota Avalon and stolen Chevrolet Camaro, New York police officers spotted the black 4-door Avalon with Florida tag J9825G and attempted to make a traffic stop. Bryan and Blash were taken into custody Monday evening; the same day Conley’s body was discovered. The two remain in New York. They have also been charged with an attempted murder that occurred in New York during a robbery on June 18th.
Cannon had been in hiding before turning herself in earlier this week. Cannon waived extradition during Thursday’s court hearing, and she is expected to return to Broward County soon. Bryan, Cannon, and Blash are also wanted for questioning for a June 2001 murder in New Haven, Connecticut.
The motive for this crime remains unclear and detectives continue to investigate. Bryant is a distant cousin of the victim. Bryant, Blash and Cannon had been staying with Conley for about 10 days prior to the July killing.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. J. Carr, Sgt. B. O’Neil, Det. J. Berrena and Det. T. Duggan
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
- Click here for suspects - Murder Suspects
Translate This Page: