MAN KILLED IN WESTON MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- BSO Case Number: 08-1403-001125
- PIO Number: 14-3-22
- Date: March 17, 2014
- Time: 1:47 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: U.S. 27, north of Griffin Road, Weston
- Driver 1: Gustavo Enrique Cepeda, male, 50, 9/13/63, 610 W. 50 Place, Hialeah (DECEASED)
- Driver 2: Susan Dean Brothers, female, 49, 6/7/64, 1031 N.W. 188 Ave., Pembroke Pines
- Jurisdiction: Weston
Description of Incident:
A motorcyclist drove into the path of an oncoming sports utility vehicle Monday afternoon in Weston and died later at a hospital.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide investigators say that 50-year-old Gustavo Cepeda of Hialeah was on a 2007 Harley Davidson motorcycle at 1:47 p.m. when he attempted to cross U.S. 27 from the Marathon gas station just north of Griffin Road. He drove into the path of a 2007 Mercury SUV driven by 49-year-old Susan Brothers of Pembroke Pines.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported Cepeda to Broward Health Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. Brothers was uninjured.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide Detective Anthony Morales at 954-321-4840 or anonymously report tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: THI Dets. Morales, DeJesus, BSFR
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/ PIO Weston, 3/18/14 1415
Translate This Page: