MAN KILLS, CALLS DEPUTIES TO CONFESS
- BSO Case Number: DR12-12-038
- PIO Number: 12-12-1
- Date: 12/1/12
- Time: 7:06 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Small alley between the Rattlesnake Jake’s restaurant and Sea Girl clothing shop, 2054 N. Ocean Drive, Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Name withheld, 42, male, at large (DECEASED)
- John Stabile, 23, male, 6/12/89, 728 SE 19 Ave., Apt. 1, Deerfield Beach (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
An early morning stabbing wasn’t much of a mystery for Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide investigators. When they arrived at the scene, the killer was waiting for them to recount the crime.
BSO deputies were dispatched to 2054 N. Ocean Drive in Deerfield Beach at 7:06 a.m. December 1, after a man said he had killed a homeless man. When units arrived on scene, John stabile, 23, was waiting for them, sitting on the street curb with the murder weapon in his waistband. Stabile told detectives he stabbed the adult male in the alley between Rattlesnake Jake’s and the Sea Girl shop, and then waited for him to die before calling to report the murder. He denies knowing or having had any problems with the victim, but told detectives he had seen him around the area and had been thinking about killing him for a couple of weeks.
Stabile said he saw his victim this morning, went to his apartment nearby to grab a large butcher knife, then went back to find the victim and kill him.
Stabile told detectives he wants to go to jail for the rest of his life. If not, he said he would kill again.
Stabile is being booked into the BSO Main Jail on one count of murder in the first degree
BSO homicide detectives are withholding the victim’s name pending notification of his next of kin.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Perez and Berrena, CID-Homicide, Deerfield Beach, Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 12/1/12 1445