FATAL CRASH IN WEST PARK
- BSO Case Number: 01-1401-000550
- PIO Number: 14-1-14
- Date: January 17, 2014
- Time: 10:33 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 4200 block of Southwest 20 St., West Park
- Jurisdiction: West Park
- Vehicle 1 Driver: Dottie A. Streater, 52, female, 1/13/62, West Park
- Vehicle 1 Passenger: Evelyn Streater-Tisdale, 66, female, 9/10/47, West Park (DECEASED)
- Vehicle 2 Driver: Scarlett Herrera, 21, female, 12/29/1992, Miami Lakes
- Vehicle 2 Passenger: Ricardo Ruiz, 21, male, 9/7/92, West Park
Description of Incident:
One person died and three were injured as a result of a collision the morning of January 17 on a two-lane residential street in West Park. Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide detectives are investigating the fatal crash.
Dottie Streater, 52, was driving west on Southwest 20 Street with her sister, Evelyn Streater-Tisdale. Streater’s Chevy Lumina was crossing the intersection of 20 Street and 42 Avenue when it was struck on the passenger side by a Dodge Caliber driven by Scarlett Herrera, 21. Herrera’s car was headed south on 42 Avenue with Ricardo Ruiz, 21, in the passenger seat.
Broward Sheriff’s Fire Rescue transported all four to Memorial Regional Hospital where Evelyn Streater-Tisdale was pronounced dead. Ruiz, Herrera and Dottie Streater were treated for minor injuries.
INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Michael Kelliher, THI and BSO Det. Carlos DeJesus, THI
THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 1/17/2014 1530
Translate This Page: