TEEN FOUND MURDERED IN LAUDERDALE LAKES
HOMICIDE INVESTIGATION UNDERWAY
- PIO Number: 13-8-8
- BSO Case Number: LL13-08-00389
- Date: August 5, 2013
- Time: 3:53 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 3760 NW 27 St., Lauderdale Lakes
- Jurisdiction: Lauderdale Lakes
- Steven Rutty, 18, male, 12/31/94, 3760 NW 27 St., Lauderdale Lakes (DECEASED)
- Unknown at this time
Description of Incident:
A Lauderdale Lakes 18-year-old was discovered dead by his stepfather late Monday afternoon.
At 3:53 p.m. Monday, Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies and Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to a single-family home at 3760 NW 27 St. where Steven Rutty, 18, was found deceased by his stepfather who had just returned home from work. Rutty was last seen alive Monday morning by his mother before she left for work. An uncle of the victim’s also lives at the address.
Crime Scene Unit detectives worked late into Monday night processing the scene and homicide detectives took statements from relatives and associates of the victim.
BSO Homicide Unit detectives are releasing few details about the case other than Mr. Rutty was found inside the home, murdered. Anyone with information about this case should call the Broward Sheriff’s Office at 954-765-4321 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477), or online at www.BrowardCrimeStoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: CID, Homicide, D-4,Crime Scene, BSFR, Sgt. Ellwood, Det. Ilarraza
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 08/05/13 2300