DIVER DIES ON FIRST DAY OF LOBSTER MINI-SEASON
- BSO Case Number: 90-1407-004227
- PIO Number: 14-7-31
- Date: July 30, 2014
- Time: 8:20 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 100 N. Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Joseph Grosso, 5/7/92, 22, male, Lighthouse Point
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office Homicide detectives are investigating the death of a man who died while diving for lobsters on the first day of the mini-season in Pompano Beach.
Joseph Grosso was diving for lobsters on a commercial dive boat with a large group of people off of Pompano Beach. The group had just come back into the boat from a dive when Grosso decided to re-submerge alone. The dive boat staff realized he had not resurfaced and began searching for him. He was found unresponsive.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue performed CPR and advanced life support procedures and transported the victim to Broward Health North where he was pronounced dead. Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives responded to the scene to investigate the death, which does not seem to be suspicious.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Homicide Det. Brian Tutler
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 7/30/14 1230
Posted At: 07/30/2014 12:30 PM
Translate This Page: