DETECTIVES MAKE ARREST IN POMPANO BEACH HOMICIDE
- BSO Case Number: 11-1703-001667
- PIO Number: 17-3-5a
- Date: March 6, 2017
- Time: 10:27 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2649 N.W. 6th Court, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- David Campbell, 28, male, 6/20/88, 2810 N.W. 7th St., Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
- Joseph Gerard Rauchfuss, 45, male, 9/10/71, 899 S.E. 2nd Ave., Deerfield Beach (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
On March 9, Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives arrested Joseph Gerard Rauchfuss, 45, for the premeditated murder of David Campbell the evening of March 6. Rauchfuss is being held without bond.
Deputies responded to 2649 N.W. 6th Court, Pompano Beach, in reference to a stabbing. Upon arrival, they found the victim on the ground, unresponsive and suffering from multiple stab wounds.
During the investigation detectives uncovered that minutes before the murder, the victim, Rauchfuss and his wife, Crystal Rauchfuss, had been riding in a silver 4-door Nissan Sentra registered to Rauchfuss’ father. They parked the car at 2649 N.W. 6th Court where Rauchfuss and the victim began an argument that turned into a physical confrontation. During the altercation Rauchfuss stabbed the victim 18 times then fled the scene in the Nissan with his wife.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue transported the victim to Broward Health North where he died at 11 p.m. as a result of his injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Broward Sheriff’s Office Det. Bryan Tutler at 954-321-4281. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. B. Tutler, CI, Pompano Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO March 10, 2017 1540
Posted At: 03/10/2017 03:31 PM
Translate This Page: