MAN KILLED WHEN TWO CARS COLLIDE ON HILLSBORO BOULEVARD
- BSO Case Number: DR12-11-03912
- PIO Number: 12-11-28
- Date: November 25, 2012
- Time: 9:52 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Hillsboro Boulevard at Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- William Heede, male, 72, 7/9/40, address unknown (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating a two-car crash on Sunday in Deerfield Beach that resulted in the death of one of the drivers.
The incident happened just before 10 a.m. when 72-year-old William Heede was driving his 2005 Chevy Impala south on North Powerline Road. He was in the far left lane approaching Hillsboro Boulevard. At the same time, Jessica Young, 19, of Coconut Creek was heading east in a 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe on Hillsboro Boulevard in the far left lane approaching Powerline Road.
The two cars collided in the intersection. Witnesses told investigators that the traffic on Hillsboro had the right of way. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded and transported Heede to Broward Health North in critical condition. He was pronounced dead at the hospital less than an hour later. Young had non-life-threatening injuries. She was treated at the hospital and released.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Wiley, DeJesus, THI Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 11/27/12 1330
Translate This Page: