SEARS THIEF CAUGHT ON TAPE
- Updated: 8/8/01 12:30:42 PM
- BSO Case Number: PB01-06-13732
- PIO Number: 01-8-11
- Date: June 30, 2001
- Time: 6:45 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Sears, 2251 North Federal Highway, Pompano Beach
- Sears, 2251 North Federal Highway, Pompano Beach
- An unidentified adult black male
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office detectives are releasing an excellent quality videotape in the hopes of identifying a suspect who stole clothes from a store at a Pompano Beach mall.
The unidentified black male is clearly seen, shortly before 7 p.m., on a surveillance tape dated June 30, 2001, stealing various pieces of clothing from the men’s department of Sears at the Pompano Square Mall, located at 2251 North Federal Highway.
When Sears’s security attempted to detain the suspect, he appeared to reach for a weapon. However, no weapon was seen and the thief walked out the store with two shopping bags containing close to $700 worth of merchandise.
The unknown suspect fled the scene in a white older model 4-door Buick (unknown make). Anyone with information on the identity or whereabouts of the suspect is asked to call BSO District 11 (Pompano Beach) Det. Thomas O’Brien at (954) 786-4201 or call Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
MEDIA NOTE: THE BLACK AND WHITE SURVEILLANCE TAPE IS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR REPRODUCTION AT THE BSO MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dist. 11 Det. Thomas O’Brien and PIO Veda Coleman-Wright
- Still photos - Still photos
Translate This Page: