CHILD STRUCK AND KILLED BY VEHICLE IN POMPANO BEACH
- BSO Case Number: PB 12-10-1763
- PIO Number: 12-10-7
- Date: 10/7/12
- Time: 10:40 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: The Forum Hotel, 600 S.W. 3 St., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Deshae Gordon, 3, male, 9/1/09, unknown address (DECEASED)
- Abaner Penetus, 50, male, Deerfield Beach
Description of Incident:
A three-year-old boy was pronounced dead Sunday afternoon after being struck by a car in Pompano Beach earlier that morning.
Broward Sheriff’s Office dispatch received the call at 10:40 a.m. alerting a child had been struck by a vehicle in front of The Forum Hotel in Pompano Beach. The driver of a 1995 GMC van, Abaner Penetus, 50, was heading northbound in front of the hotel when the child went into the path of the van and was struck. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue transported Deshae Gordon, 3, to Holy Cross Hospital. From there he was transported to Broward Health Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries shortly after noon.
The child was accompanied by his grandmother when the incident occurred.
BSO Traffic Homicide detectives are investigating.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. DeJesus & Willey, THI; Pompano Beach; Crime Scene; PBFR
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 10/7/12 1700
Posted At: 10/07/2012 05:04 PM
Translate This Page: