PEDESTRIAN STRUCK MINUTES FROM HOME
- BSO Case Number: 90-1309-002501
- PIO Number: 13-9-27
- Date: September 19, 2013
- Time: 10:33 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 4400 block of Davie Boulevard, central Broward
- Jurisdiction: Unincorporated Broward
- Roberto Cumbay, 57, male, 9/11/1956, 1351 S.W. 44 Terr., Apt. A, central Broward (DECEASED)
- Henry Cervantes, 24, male, 6/6/1989, 1531 S.W. 44 Ave., Apt. 15, central Broward
Description of Incident:
A pedestrian was killed Thursday night when he was struck by a car driven by a neighbor just minutes from their homes.
At 10:33 p.m., Roberto Cumbay, 57, was walking south across Davie Boulevard when he was fatally struck by a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser driven by a neighbor, Henry Cervantes, 24. Cervantes was traveling westbound on Davie Boulevard and had entered the shared turning lane with the intention of turning south onto Southwest 44 Terrace when it impacted Cumbay. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue pronounced Cumbay dead at the scene at 10:43 p.m.
The traffic homicide investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide detectives Carlos DeJesus or Michael Kelliher at 954-321-4840 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Carlos DeJesus, THI /CID
- BSO Det. Michael Kelliher, THI /CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 9/20/13 1400