ALTERCATION LEAVES ONE MAN DEAD ON THANKSGIVING
- PIO Number: 13-11-24
- Case Number: 11-1311-0007502
- Date: 11/28/2013
- Time: 1:18 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 900 N.W. 8 Ave., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Victim: Rodnel Toussaint, 30, male, 5/31/83, Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
- Suspect: Raymond Joseph, 27, male, 2/17/86, 621 S.W. 14 Ct., Deerfield (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office detectives are investigating the altercation turned deadly shooting that occurred before sunrise on Thanksgiving day.
BSO deputies responded to reports of a shooting at 1:18 a.m. this morning at 900 N.W. 8 Ave., Pompano Beach. Upon arriving, deputies encountered the victim, Rodnel Toussaint, 30, lying on the pavement with apparent serious injuries. The suspect, Raymond Joseph, 27, was kneeling at the victim's side. At that time, Joseph indicated his involvement in the incident and was taken into custody.
The two men had been involved in an fight which escalated and resulted in the victim being fatally shot. The victim was transported to Broward Health North where he was pronounced dead at 2:17 a.m.
Raymond Joseph was arrested and will be charged with second degree murder.
Anyone with information can report it to BSO Homicide Detective Carlos Salazar at 954-321-4236 or report anonymous information to Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477).
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Carlos Salazar CID, and Sgt. Scott Champagne CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 11/28/13 1300
Translate This Page: