MAN DIES IN ACCIDENT AT BUS TERMINAL
- BSO Case Number: BS02-01-7382
- PIO Number: 02-01-26
- Date: January 17, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 101 NW 1st Avenue, Fort Lauderdale
- A white male from Ft. Lauderdale (name withheld pending notification of next of kin)
Description of Incident:
A Fort Lauderdale man is dead following an accident at the Broward County Transit bus terminal at 101 NW 1st Avenue, Fort Lauderdale.
Shortly after 1:00 on the afternoon of Thursday, January 17, 2002, the victim, a white male whose identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin, was reportedly running along side a bus when he fell beneath the moving vehicle and suffered fatal injuries.
The driver of the bus, 58-year old John Michael Byrnes, who has been with Broward County Transit for 7 to 8 years, was not hurt and no other injuries were reported.
The bus, which was inside the terminal at the time of the accident, was scheduled to run on route number 50, the Dixie Highway route.
Detectives from the Broward Sheriff's Office are investigating the fatal mishap.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. L. Akers
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf/PIO 1/17/02 4:30pm
Translate This Page: