MAN KILLED IN EARLY-MORNING, ROLL-OVER CRASH IN SOUTHWEST RANCHES
- BSO Case Number: SW12-06-0440
- PIO Number: 12-6-35
- Date: June 28, 2012
- Time: 2:22 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 18700 block of Griffin Road, Southwest Ranches
- Jurisdiction: Southwest Ranches
- Leayle Robinson, male, 6/5/84, 28, 8501 S.W. 25th Ct., Miramar (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
An Infiniti G35 drifted from Griffin Road around 2:20 a.m. Thursday, and its driver was killed after the vehicle crashed. His two passengers had minor injuries.
The cause of the crash is undetermined, but Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide investigators said the driver lost control of the Infiniti, causing it to hit a raised concrete curb along the right side of the roadway. The car continued eastbound veering to the left and hit the median. The driver then steered to the right, once again, hitting the curb. The car slid until it hit a concrete utility pole, then rolled over and went into a ditch on the south side of Griffin Road.
Leayle Robinson, 28, died on scene. Pembroke Pines Fire Rescue transported his two passengers to Memorial Regional Hospital, where they were treated and released. The investigation into the cause of the crash is ongoing.
- INVESTIGATORS: DeJesus, Wiley, Sgt. L. Akers, THI; Southwest Ranches
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 6/29/12 1000
Translate This Page: